- About Us
- PLAN YOUR VISIT
- Nature Camps
- PRESCHOOL & FAMILY BIRTHDAYS & RENTALS
- SCHOOLS, SCOUTS & COMMUNITY GROUPS
- Support Us
You are hereHome ›
Great American Backyard Campout 2016
All ages; $50/family campsite.
Pitch your tent with our resident raptors and critters! Be part of a nation-wide event; enjoy nature-based programs, campfires, breakfast (provided) & dinner (not provided- bring your own picnic) with us and much more! Minimum of one adult per family is required. One family per campsite.
Registration is now closed. Please join us next year!
Every year, Leslie Science & Nature Center invites families to celebrate - or sample - camping, right here on our site. This year is no different, with campsites, hikes, and plenty of activities for all ages!
Saturday, June 25
4 p.m. Registration & campsite setup
Throughout the evening:
- Story telling and book reading with local author and illustrator Robb Johnston
- See our resident raptors eat
- Visit our animals in the critter house
- Bubble station
- Check out an iPad and discover LSNC's new, interactive app
- Sensing nature hike. Along with LSNC staff, find out how humans sense the world differently than the animals around us. Taking a short hike on our sensing nature trail, we'll put all our senses to the test.
- Night Hike
- Campfire and s'mores
9-10 p.m. Astronomy- The University of Michigan Lowbrow Astronomers will have telescopes set up and will engage us with night sky exploration.
10 p.m. Quiet hours begin
Sunday, June 26
7-8 a.m. Morning hike 7am to Black Pond
7:30-9 a.m. Breakfast
8-10 a.m. Clean up time
10 a.m. Depart